The National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration Long Term Care (NADONA) has chosen Angela Littke, director of nursing at Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community, Asheville, N.C., as its national 2014 Nurse Administrator of the Year. (photo, right.)
NADONA also chose regional winners from five regions:
- Candace Spencer, director of nursing services, Queens Center for Rehabilitation and Residential Healthcare, Whitestone, N.Y. [Northeast Region]
- Peace Oke, director of nursing, Riderwood Village, an Erickson Retirement Community, Silver Spring, Md. [Southeast Region]
- Dana Pazdernik, director of nursing, Elm Crest Manor, New Salem, N.D. [Northwest Region]
- Dorothy McDonald, director of nursing, Schnepp Senior Care and Rehab Center, St. Louis, Mich. [Central Region]
- Jennifer Goen-Runnels, director of nursing, Christian Care Centers, Mesquite, Texas [Southeast Region]
All candidates for the awards must be members of NADONA and are required to do volunteer work outside of their facilities. The winners were honored at NADONA's recent annual conference in Anaheim.