AHCA/NCAL names new board members
The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) have elected members to the AHCA’s Board of Governors and NCAL’s Board of Directors, respectively, for the 2014–2015 term.
Tom Coble of Oklahoma was elected as AHCA vice chair. New to the AHCA board are at-large representatives Phil Fogg Jr. of Oregon and Greg Elliot of West Virginia. NCAL elected two new at-large representatives: David Chensvold of Iowa and Lee Field of Washington.
Both boards selected returning chairs for the coming year, including Leonard Russ of New York for the AHCA board and Patricia Giorgio of Iowa for the NCAL board.
The remaining members of AHCA’s board:
- Michael Wylie of Pennsylvania, secretary/treasurer;
- Neil Pruitt Jr. of Georgia, immediate past chair;
- Steve Chies of Minnesota, not-for-profit representative;
- Robin Hillier of Ohio, independent owner representative;
- Tim Lukenda of Wisconsin, multifacility representative;
- Glenn Van Ekeren of Nebraska, regional multifacility representative;
- Paul Liistro of Connecticut, at-large representative;
- Debbie Meade of Georgia, at-large representative; and
- David Norsworthy of Arkansas, at-large representative.
The three ex-officio members on the AHCA Board of Governors:
- Dick Herrick, Affiliated State Health Care Association Executives (ASHCAE) representative;
- Shawn Scott, Associate Business Member (ABM) representative; and
- Patricia Giorgio, NCAL representative.
The remaining members of NCAL’s Board of Directors:
- Chris Mason of Oregon, vice chair
- Ashley Blankenship of Arkansas, secretary–treasurer
- Mike Shepard of Arkansas, immediate past chair
- Helen Crunk of Nebraska
- Denise German of Kansas
- Gerald Hamilton of New Mexico
- Marcia Hamilton-Cotter of Minnesota
- Steven Heaney of New Jersey
- Michele DeClemente-Hughes of New Jersey
- Jeanne Jaeckels of Minnesota
- Dee Jansen of Wisconsin
- Carmy Jerome of Colorado
- Mark Maxfield of Idaho
- Laurie Shepard of Michigan
- Rod Wolfe of Tennessee
- Tom Coble of Oklahoma, AHCA vice chair
- Dirk Anjewierden of Utah, ASHCAE vice president
- Heath Boddy of Nebraska, ASHCAE representative
- Cindy Luxem of Kansas, ASHCAE representative
- Angie Szumlinski of Michigan, ABM representative
The ex-officio member on the NCAL Board of Directors is Leonard Russ, AHCA chair.
Members of the AHCA Board of Governors are elected by the association’s governing body, the Council of States. The NCAL Board of Directors is elected by current members of the NCAL board and by NCAL state leaders or the NCAL state leader’s proxy. Both are elected annually at the association’s convention.
Topics: Advocacy , Executive Leadership