Seniors-Focused Joint Venture between GE, Intel Now Operational
GE and Intel Corporation today announced the title of their healthcare joint venture, “Intel-GE Care Innovations LLC,” or Care Innovations for short, and that the company is now operational. Care Innovations will develop technologies that support healthy, independent living at home and in senior housing communities, the companies stated in a release.
The formation of Care Innovations follows the success of the healthcare alliance between Intel and GE, announced in April 2009. Care Innovations combines assets along with the teams and operations of both GE Healthcare’s Home Health division and Intel’s Digital Health Group. The company’s focus is to address the aging population, the growing number of people with chronic conditions, and increasing healthcare costs. The market segments for telehealth and home health monitoring are predicted to grow to an estimated $7.7 billion by 2012, according to the release.
“Our vision as we launch this exciting new company is for Care Innovations to positively affect millions of people by providing innovative products and services that will enable new models of care,” Care Innovations CEO Louis Burns said in a release.
The company’s leadership team includes:
· Louis J. Burns, CEO
· Douglas F. Busch, Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
· Lauren Salata, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer
· Michael Bassett, General Manager of Assistive Technologies
· Becky Davis, Director of Corporate Marketing
· Eric Dishman, Director of Health Policy
· Aaron Duerksen, General Manager of Disease Management
· Bonnie Norman, Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
· James Pursley, General Manager of Independent Living
· Randall Swanson, Vice President, Business Operations
In addition to Burns, GE and Intel have also appointed four board members to Care Innovations to represent the interests of the parent companies. Senior Vice President of GE and President and CEO of GE Healthcare Systems, Omar Ishrak, is chairman of the board for the company. GE has also appointed Michael Jones, executive vice president of Business Development for GE International, as a board member.
Intel board members include Robert Crooke, corporate vice president and general manager of Intel’s Atom and System-on-a-Chip Development Group (ASDG); and Patricia Murray, senior vice president and director of human resources.