Your reactions to current healthcare reform talks
What are your thoughts on current healthcare reform talks?
– The long-term care people don’t have many who will fight for them … You ask if it is moving in the right direction. I personally think it is dying by the road side.
– It is a move to socialistic healthcare that is not successful in other countries and will prove to be a dismal failure.
– Everyone thinks that universal healthcare is the answer and it is not, just ask someone in Canada. Reform has to be made to already existing policies, procedures, etc. Pharmaceutical companies need to be investigated. Insurance companies need to be investigated. Charges for services need to be investigated. If you receive free medical care you should have some responsibility to keep it. Maybe you can’t work but there should be other requirements besides no job. It is terrible to talk to someone on chemo and Medicaid while they smoke their cigarette. I am not saying people don’t deserve care but come on, receive my tax dollars so you can get treatments yet not take personal responsibility for your actions? Whatever happened to accountability and plain old hard work? It’s time to get real.
– There are savings that could be made fix the loopholes and find more who are taking advantage. But our choice and doctor relationships should not be changed.
– I think they are looking more at the younger generation. We are heading into a population growth in the LTC industry. People are living longer and dementia is becoming more of an issue.
What are your thoughts on healthcare reform? Please discuss in the comments below.