LeadingAge Ziegler 150 details tech use among providers
Telehealth/remote patient monitoring, telecare/telemonitoring/behavioral monitoring, and medication monitoring are areas with growth potential for large not-for-profit senior living communities, according to the new Technology Adoption Report, part of the 2014 LeadingAge Ziegler 150 (LZ 150) released by the LeadingAge Center for Aging Services Technologies and Ziegler. The report notes that 4 percent, 7.6 percent and 21.2 percent of the included providers, respectively, have adopted these technologies.
Higher on the adoption scale, according to the report:
- 74.7 percent of the communities have adopted electronic medical records and/or electronic health records;
- 76.6 percent have adopted electronic point-of-care or point-of-service documentation systems;
- 75.2 percent have implemented user-activated emergency response systems;
- 73.1 percent use access control/wander management systems;
- 57.8 percent use physical exercise and rehabilitation technologies; and
- 33 percent have put in place automatic fall detectors.
Largest not-for-profit operators revealed in LeadingAge Ziegler 150
2015 Business Outlook: Technology
Topics: Technology & IT