NASL elects new board officers
The National Association for the Support of Long Term Care (NASL) has elected MatrixCare President and CEO John Damgaard as president of the board of directors at its annual meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. Damgaard takes over for Garry Pezzano, MS, CCC/SLP, Senior Vice President, Clinical Practice for Genesis Rehab Services, who will serve as Immediate Past President.
“NASL is fortunate to have a board of directors that not only understands the importance of supporting the host industry, but is eager to partner with Congress and federal government agencies like CMS and ONC,” Damgaard said in an association announcement. “I’ve witnessed the incredible strides that NASL has made in ensuring that its members are literally ‘at the table’ and truly able to impact the policies that are shaping this sector. It’s because NASL is making such a difference in LTPAC policy that I’m honored to work with this outstanding board and to serve as the new board president.”
The newly elected board officers:
- President: John Damgaard, President & CEO of MatrixCare
- Vice President & Chair, NASL Medical Services Committee: Martha Schram, President of Aegis Therapies
- Vice President & Chair, Diagnostic Testing Committee: Alan Morrison, Senior Vice President, Business Development & Government Relations for Trident USA Health Services
- Treasurer: Martha Shaker, President of Concept Rehab, Inc.
- Secretary: James Pagoaga, Vice President, Rehabilitation for HCR ManorCare
- Immediate Past President: Garry Pezzano, Senior Vice President, Clinical Practice for Genesis Rehab Services.
NASL also welcomes these new or re-elected board members:
- Christine Busby, Signature Rehab Services
- Cathy de Verteuil, Optima Healthcare Solutions
- Brian Garner, Medline Rehab
- Susan Greenly, NTT Data LTC Solutions
- Lance Hill, The Therapy Center
- Natalie Hooper, Rehab PRO
- Tom Jeffers, Hill-Rom
- Robert Latz, Trinity Rehab Services
Pamela Tabar was editor-in-chief of I Advance Senior Care from 2013-2018. She has worked as a writer and editor for healthcare business media since 1998, including as News Editor of Healthcare Informatics. She has a master’s degree in journalism from Kent State University and a master’s degree in English from the University of York, England.
Topics: Advocacy , Executive Leadership , Medicare/Medicaid , Regulatory Compliance