AMDA announces 2016-17 Board of Directors
AMDA—The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (AMDA) is launching into spring 2016 with a new board and a new logo. “In a time of tremendous change, we are pleased to have an excellent group of innovative, engaged, and experienced practitioners to lead our organization in the coming year and help us navigate this very challenging health care landscape,” said the Society’s Executive Director Christopher Laxton, CAE, in an organization announcement.
Susan M. Levy, MD, CMD, a member of AMDA for more than 20 years, will serve as president for the 2016-17 term. She is a facility medical director in Delaware and has previously served as Medical Director and Vice President of Medical Affairs for Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital in Baltimore.
Other members of the 2016-2017 AMDA Board of Directors are:
- President-Elect: Heidi K. White, MD, MHS, MEd, CMD, of Durham, NC
- Vice President: Cari R. Levy, MD, PhD, CMD, of Denver, CO
- Immediate Past President: Naushira Pandya, MD, CMD, of Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Chair, House of Delegates: Suzanne Gillespie, MD, RD, CMD, of Canandaigua, NY
- Secretary: David A. Nace, MD, MPH, CMD, of Wexford, PA
- Treasurer: Arif Nazir, MD, CMD, of Louisville, KY
State Presidents Council Representatives to the Board:
- Thomas Lehner, MD, CMD, of Cleveland, OH
- Jeffrey N. Nichols, MD, CMD, of New York, NY
- Mary P. Evans, MD, CMD, of Charlottesville, VA
Board Representatives—House of Delegates:
- Michele Bellantoni, MD, CMD, of Baltimore, MD
- Kevin W. O’Neil, MD, CMD, of Sarasota, FL
- Wayne Saltsman, MD, PhD, CMD, of Burlington, MA
Pamela Tabar was editor-in-chief of I Advance Senior Care from 2013-2018. She has worked as a writer and editor for healthcare business media since 1998, including as News Editor of Healthcare Informatics. She has a master’s degree in journalism from Kent State University and a master’s degree in English from the University of York, England.