Margaret A. Wylde, Ph.D.
Margaret Wylde began conducting research with 50+consumers more than 25 years ago. ProMatura Group, LLC, the company founded by Wylde, has played an integral role in understanding what consumers want and are willing to buy. Wylde’s research and experience includes agequalified housing, consumer products and services, and work for Fortune 100 and start-up corporations, for large companies and single proprietorships, and, for national associations and state agencies. Wylde’s knowledge and expertise of age-qualified housing business issues comes from practical day-to-day experience. During her career Wylde has participated in the design, development and management of agequalified housing properties.
Wylde’s knowledge of the age-qualified housing industry is widely recognized as being among the industry’s best. In 2007 Wylde was recognized as an Icon of the Industry by the 50+ Council of the National Association of Home Builders, the first woman to receive this honor.
Her contribution to the industries serving mature consumers has been to conduct both proprietary and publically disseminated research. ProMatura Group provides the data for the NIC MAPTM database, a quarterly updated inventory and analysis of more than 12,600 age-qualified, service-enriched properties in the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the US.
ProMatura Group conducts hundreds of proprietary studies for developers, investors, manufacturers, service agencies and other businesses each year. Through this unparalleled experience ProMatura has developed a sound understanding of consumer preferences and expectations; and communities, properties, services and products that have excelled with many market sectors in scores of different geographic locations. ProMatura has expanded internationally and has an office in London and is working on projects in Mexico, Europe, and South Africa. We have also completed work for communities in the UK, Australia, France, China, Japan, and Canada.
Wylde has authored five books, dozens of technical papers and articles, and is a prolific contributor to trade and business publications and scholarly journals. Wylde’s latest book, “The Right House, The Right Place, The Right Time: Housing Preferences: Community and Lifestyle Preferences of the 45+ Housing Market, published by BuilderBooks, 2008.” Her other books include Boomers on the Horizon: Housing Preferences of the 55+ Home Buyer published by Builder Books in 2002, Building for a Lifetime: The Design and Construction of Fully Accessible Homes published by The Taunton Press. She is also frequently sought after speaker, providing keynote addresses to many different audiences.
Margaret A. Wylde
President and CEO
ProMatura Group, LLC
19 County Road 168
Oxford, Mississippi 38655
President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
Silverado Silver Living
An accomplished senior executive with unique, successful corporate leadership experience, Loren Shook's background is in managing and developing high-growth assisted living communities, behavioral health care systems and sub-acute care hospitals throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom. His excellent visionary, networking, analytic, creative and decision making skills give him the proven ability to conceptualize, implement and direct systems from strategic planning through development to daily operation.
Loren, along with Silverado co-founder Stephen Winner, authored The Silverado Story.
Major Career Accomplishments
- Co-founder of Silverado Senior Living, Mr. Shook recruited and leads Silverado’s management team which developed and operates 30 assisted living communities (2,000+ beds) serving those with Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and other memory impairments located throughout California, Utah, Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Washington, Colorado and Arizona in addition to projections to develop and operate two to three additional communities annually. Silverado’s management team also operates two additional service lines: Silverado At Home which provides Assessment, Care Management and Home Care Services; and Silverado Hospice which provides Hospice Care at Silverado communities, at home, and at facilities in general.
- Developed 32 new behavioral health care systems with hospitals throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, four reconstructed hospitals, over 20 medical office buildings and multiple hospital expansions, total construction exceeded $350 million.
- A leader in the establishment of behavioral health care delivery systems meeting the needs of managed care organizations, employers, insurance companies and patients.
- Turned around assisted living communities, hospitals and renal dialysis centers, restoring them to regulatory good standing, financial health and marketplace strength.
- Wall Street track record which consists of 17 years of consistent compounded earnings growth of 15 percent or more.
- Key player in the growth and development of Community Psychiatric Centers, a NYSE company, from 9 to 50 behavioral healthcare systems throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and United Kingdom with a market value in excess of $1 billion.
- 1996 – Present Silverado Senior Living, President, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Board, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- 1993 – 1997 Integrated Healthcare Systems Corp., Founder, President, CEO & COB, Aliso Viejo, CA
- 1973 – 1993 Community Psychiatric Centers (CPC) – President and COO, Worldwide Operations, Laguna Hills, CA
- Other Positions
- 2010 – Vice Chair of the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA)
- 2010 – Chair of the National Investment Center(NIC) Operations Advisory
- 2010 – National Investment Center(NIC), Board of Directors
- 2009 – Present University of California Irvine Institute for Memory Impairment & Neurological Disorders (MIND) Advisory Board
- 2007 – Present University of Southern California Leonard Davis School of Gerontology Board of Councilors
- 2007 – Present University of Maryland Baltimore Campus Erickson School of Aging Studies Board of Councilors
- 2005 – Present Assisted Living Federation of America Board of Directors
- 2003 – Present American Seniors Housing Association Board of Directors
- 2000 – Present Mission Hospital Foundation Board of Directors, 2008- Present, Chair, 2009 – Present, Executive Committee,
- 2000 – 2005 California Assisted Living Facilities, Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board, 2002 – 2004, Executive Committee, 2001 – 2005
- 1998 – 2003 Alzheimer's Association of Orange County, President 2000 -2002, Board of Directors and Executive Committee 1998 – 2003
- 1990 – 1993 Community Psychiatric Centers, Board of Directors
- 1982 – 1993 National Assoc. Psychiatric Health Systems, Board of Directors & Past President
- 2005 Ernest & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Health Care, Orange County, California and Arizona
- George G. Glenner Family Centers, Sterling Legend Award
- South County Senior Services, Captain’s Ball 2008 Honoree
- National Speaker
Leah Klusch, RN, BSN, FACHCA
The Alliance Training Center
Leah Klusch's education and consulting to healthcare professionals is defined by her dynamic style, sense of humor, no-nonsense advice and innovative ideas. Her ability to focus on learning rather than teaching makes her a welcomed and applauded industry speaker, educator, and nurse leader.
She's the founder and director of The Alliance Training Center, an educational foundation focused geriatric care issues in Alliance, Ohio and the author of numerous published articles in industry journals, periodicals, trade publications, books, video trainings, and lectures nationally on current industry topics. Leah is passionate about her work and her energy is contagious when helping clients and industry members manage:Care Delivery, Wellness & Restorative Care Giving, Regulatory Compliance, Leadership, Re-engineering & Facility Planning, Nursing Home Management, Payment & Reimbursement, Assessment, and Assessment Documentation
As a healthcare industry consultant with a penchant for bridging clinical, financial and compliance needs in an easy-to-understand, fun way, Leah’s insights are captured and read throughout the industry, online as well as offline.
Joshua J. Freitas, M.Ed, CADDCT, CAEd
Corporate Director of Memory Care and Resident Engagement
LCB Senior Living, LLC
Joshua J. Freitas is an award-winning memory care program developer, researcher, and author. His care and training philosophies have been featured in prominent publications, including Long-Term Living Magazine, Healthcare Provider Magazine, Science Today Magazine, local news channels, and much more. Freitas serves as the Corporate Director of Memory Care and Resident Engagement for LCB Senior Living, LLC, where he oversees memory care philosophy and initiatives throughout the company.
He holds five certifications related to dementia care and has studied at some of the world’s most renowned institutions, including Lesley University, Harvard University, and Berklee College of Music.
With his new book, The Dementia Concept, Freitas hopes to change the way society views individuals who are living with Alzheimer’s disease and related forms of dementia. A dementia diagnosis should not be viewed as the end of life. “To break the stigmas that impede progress and quality care,” Freitas says, “we must all advocate for those with memory impairment, and support their families and friends.”
Chief Operating Officer
National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP)
Lynn Biot-Gordon is currently the Chief Operations Officer with the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP), and is a longtime dementia care expert. As a licensed clinical social worker with a Bachelors degree in psychology and a master of social work degree from Boston University, Lynn Biot-Gordon's social work experience spans 20 years and includes mental health, hospice, long term care, and school social work.
Gordon has served in the areas of administration, direct practice, health education, and clinical supervision. She founded Gordon Social Work Consultants in 1997 to provide consultation services for long term care facilities which includes training and in-services on a variety of topics for residents, families, and health care staff.