Long-Term Living is proud to announce the five winners of its 2015 Leaders of Tomorrow awards program. This program, now in its fourth year, recognizes those who are making an impact on tomorrow’s long-term care policies, quality initiatives and senior care culture—whether it be on a national scale or one care site and colleague at a time.
Here are this year’s winners (in alphabetical order):
- Dayne DuVall, LMT, CAEd, CRTS, chief operating officer, National Certification Board for Alzheimer Care, Chicago.
- Amy LaCilento, RN, nursing supervisor, Hughes Health and Rehabilitation, West Hartford, Conn.
- Michael LaFerney, RN, PMHCNS–BC, clinical nurse specialist, Arbour SeniorCare, Haverhill, Mass.
- Deborah Platt, RN, BSN, DON-CLTC, clinical manager, Royal Oaks Retirement Community, Sun City, Ariz.
- Ben Pyper, NHA, administrator, Lincoln Square Post Acute Rehab, Stockton, Calif.
We’ll be profiling each of the winners on our website the week of April 13 as well as in our upcoming print and digital editions. This year’s winners were nominated by readers and chosen by Long-Term Living's editorial team. These honorees are professionals who are making a difference in their towns and states while serving as exemplar models for others across the country. We know that there are many more upcoming leaders in the long-term and post-acute care who merit recognition, and we look forward to honoring them in years to come. Perhaps you’ll be among them.
Read about previous awardees here (click on the years):
2014 – Amy Carpenter, AIA, LEED AP, B+C; Beverley Laubert, MA; Bernadette Ledesma, MPH, LNHA; and Anna Ortigara, MSN.
2013 – Barry Berman; Roberto Muñiz, MPA, LNHA, FACHCA; G. Allen Power, MD; Jane M. Rohde, AIA, FIIDA, ACHA, AAHID, LEED AP; and Phenelle Segal, RN, CIC.
2012 – Addie Abushousheh; Govind Bharwani, PhD; Nancy Brody Kleinberg; R. Gary Sibbald, BSc, MD, MEd; James Taylor.