Five senior care communities have received the top honors in the 2013 National Quality Award program presented by the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), including two from the same senior health system in Massachussetts.
This year’s Gold—Excellence in Quality awards go to:
- Golden LivingCenter – Tarboro; Golden Living; Tarboro, N.C.
- Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center; Berkshire Healthcare; Lenox, Mass.
- Life Care Center of Sarasota; Life Care Centers of America; Sarasota, Fla.
- Linda Manor Extended Care Facility; Berkshire Healthcare; Leeds, Mass.
- St. Mary’s Care Center; Benedictine Health System; Winsted, Minn.
“The centers that have earned a Gold National Quality Award deserve to be recognized as some of the best in the nation,” said Ed McMahon, Chair of the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Board of Overseers in the award announcement. “The staff and leadership at these centers have shown outstanding commitment and dedication to the pursuit of quality care. They are leaders in their communities and in our profession.”
These five communities join an elite list; only 18 sites have received the gold award since the program began in 1996. All gold-level winners must have achieved both the bronze and silver levels previously.